UGX-Mods

Call of Duty 5: World at War => Help Desk => Topic started by: Cherchuzo on August 12, 2018, 09:19:59 am

Title: Use a fx from a trigger_use
Post by: Cherchuzo on August 12, 2018, 09:19:59 am
Today I'm here to ask you how I can use a fx starting from a trigger_use, like when one activates the power lever and exits the fx of the sparks.
Does anyone know how to do that?
Title: Re: Use a fx from a trigger_use
Post by: DeletedUser on August 12, 2018, 09:40:21 am
If you are using the easy FX with UGX-script-placer 2.0 you will need to do the following.

Create a script_struct with these kvp's

targetname / fx

script_noteworthy / fx_name (name of the fx you want)

script_string / use

create a trigger use and give it this kvp

script_string / hint

Then deselect everything and select the struct you want then select the trigger and press "W" to link them.
Notice: you CAN select multiple fx structs then the trigger and link multiple to one trigger!

Hope this helps you out!
Post by: Cherchuzo on August 12, 2018, 01:44:58 pm
Thank you very much, but I noticed that when you enter the map you can hear the music in the background of the main menu ....
And a problem? How to solve it?
Also I noticed that it does not work if in the targetname of the trigger you put something else, because in the targetname I put start_rounds (to start the round with a trigger) and when in game I pressed the trigger this only started the round without starting the fx
Post by: DeletedUser on August 12, 2018, 08:15:03 pm
Thank you very much, but I noticed that when you enter the map you can hear the music in the background of the main menu ....
And a problem? How to solve it?
Also I noticed that it does not work if in the targetname of the trigger you put something else, because in the targetname I put start_rounds (to start the round with a trigger) and when in game I pressed the trigger this only started the round without starting the fx

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\mods\MAPNAME\maps\ugx_easy_fx.gsc That will tell you how to do stuff it's easy to follow. It will also show you the targetnames you can use.
Post by: Cherchuzo on August 12, 2018, 08:18:13 pm
Thanks for the answer, I was wrong to put the script_string, now everything works