UGX-Mods

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 => Custom Maps, Mods & Tools => Mod Releases => Topic started by: treminaor on October 31, 2016, 10:54:07 pm

Title: [Release] UGX Mod BO3 v0.1.2 alpha
Post by: treminaor on October 31, 2016, 10:54:07 pm
(http://i.imgur.com/oj3d0AG.png)
UGX Mod BO3 Edition v0.1.2 alpha
Happy Halloween! It's time for the first public alpha release of UGX Mod for Black Ops 3.
This release contains the community favorite gamemodes from UGX Mod v1.1
UGX Azrael
UGX Mod BO3 has been released simultaneously with UGX Azrael, our first map released for Black Ops 3!
You can find UGX Azrael here (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,13783.0.html (http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,13783.0.html)).
Other Map Compatibility
UGX Mod BO3 is compatible with 99% of custom maps with (no installation necessary by the mapper).
This means you can download any map from the Steam Workshop and use UGX Mod with it right away!
UGX Mod BO3 is also fully compatible with Treyarch's DLC Maps.
It was extensively tested on Shadows of Evil but should work fine for all maps.
Features
Timed Gameplay (available in all gamemodes)
Gungame
CHAOS Mode
Sharpshooter
(more coming soon!)
Download/Installation
You can find UGX Mod BO3 on the
Steam Workshop (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791127116).
Bug Reporting
For now, if you find a bug with UGX Mod BO3 please report it to this thread and we will continually update the Workshop release with fixes as we go.
(http://image.prntscr.com/image/da4b78e0fca743bcb29ea4323c1e0749.png)
(http://i.imgur.com/zhk1fO4.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/2zXKMn2.jpg)
Title: Re: [Release] UGX Mod BO3 v0.1 alpha
Post by: Dust on October 31, 2016, 11:04:34 pm
Wow thats cool that the mod is compatible with any custom maps without any installation by the mapper. Cannot wait to try it out on UGX Azrael ;)
Post by: Dr. Shitfaced on November 01, 2016, 02:04:57 am
Playing Chaos Mode on UGX-Azrael when I suddenly got kicked to the lobby with this error:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/doctorshitfaced/screenshot/429358847332134796 (http://steamcommunity.com/id/doctorshitfaced/screenshot/429358847332134796)

Timer had run out, I was around Round 15, my multiplier was around 700 or so.
Post by: ibounce on November 01, 2016, 02:35:08 am
Quote from: Dr.
Playing Chaos Mode on UGX-Azrael when I suddenly got kicked to the lobby with this error:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/doctorshitfaced/screenshot/429358847332134796 (http://steamcommunity.com/id/doctorshitfaced/screenshot/429358847332134796)
Timer had run out, I was around Round 15, my multiplier was around 700 or so.
I got this too, except my timer didn't run out, at least, I don't think it did.
(http://i.imgur.com/XE2ahbM.png)
Post by: treminaor on November 01, 2016, 03:44:09 am
I used dvars + menu items to display the score values in WaW because the string limit was so easily overflowed, but since BO3 doesn't let us use menufiles I was forced to use HUD items. Fucking great.
Post by: Dr. Shitfaced on November 01, 2016, 05:38:41 am
Another bug I ran into, albeit a minor one: In Gun Game, when you get a weapon with a variable zoom scope, attempting to change the zoom level rerolls the weapon's camo and attachments as if you were given a new gun.
Post by: Megadeth9811 on November 01, 2016, 06:53:58 am
I used dvars + menu items to display the score values in WaW because the string limit was so easily overflowed, but since BO3 doesn't let us use menufiles I was forced to use HUD items. Fucking great.

Aren't the new menufiles going to be in .lua rather than the old .menu format?
Post by: treminaor on November 01, 2016, 06:55:51 am
Another bug I ran into, albeit a minor one: In Gun Game, when you get a weapon with a variable zoom scope, attempting to change the zoom level rerolls the weapon's camo and attachments as if you were given a new gun.
Yeah I'm actually aware of that one, haven't been able to fix it but since it wasn't game breaking I ignored it in the interest of time. Will try to fix it soon.
Post by: treminaor on November 01, 2016, 06:56:30 am
Aren't the new menufiles going to be in .lua rather than the old .menu format?
Yes and they won't give us any files or the tool to make them so we're shit out of luck unless someone around here hacks around the format.
Post by: Megadeth9811 on November 01, 2016, 07:50:50 am
I think I found a bug in sharpshooter where something took away my doubletap. While playing, I noticed that the guns were only shooting 1 bullet, and at a lower ROF. the perk shader was still shown, but the perk itself was disabled.
Post by: mala15 on November 01, 2016, 09:30:48 am
Yes and they won't give us any files or the tool to make them so we're shit out of luck unless someone around here hacks around the format.

Have they given any reason for this or did they just tell you guys that they won't as if its no big deal? Or something else?
Post by: treminaor on November 01, 2016, 07:06:38 pm
Have they given any reason for this or did they just tell you guys that they won't as if its no big deal? Or something else?
They said it's too complicated for us to understand and they can't license out the tool they use to generate the files
Post by: arceus on November 03, 2016, 02:18:31 pm
They said it's too complicated for us to understand and they can't license out the tool they use to generate the files
ok, i can understadn the licensing of the generator, but to complecated for us to understand? really?!? have the payed no attention to the things this community has done with there engine?!?!
Post by: KDXDARK on November 03, 2016, 04:19:21 pm
ok, i can understadn the licensing of the generator, but to complecated for us to understand? really?!? have the payed no attention to the things this community has done with there engine?!?!
yeah, i think they are blind or something...
Title: Re: [Release] UGX Mod BO3 v0.1.1 alpha
Post by: treminaor on November 06, 2016, 08:00:43 pm

CHANGELOG FOR v0.1.1 11/5/2016: 
- Fixed COOP game black screen issue 
- Fixed joining in-progress game sessions 
- Made Gungame scoring more reasonable 
- Enabled some perk machines in Gungame 
- Fixed some issues with Painkiller respawning you behind closed doors 
- Fixed missing model on Upgrade Gun powerup 
- Fixed some issues with the keybinding on the gamemode selection screen 
- Zombie health no longer increases in non-Classic gamemodes which have Timed Gameplay turned on 
- TEMPORARILY Removed Chaos Mode because it's still crashing. We're working on it! 
Title: Re: [Release] UGX Mod BO3 v0.1.2 alpha
Post by: treminaor on November 10, 2016, 06:29:35 am

CHANGELOG FOR v0.1.2 11/9/2016: 
- Added Arcademode to list of available gamemodes 
- Chaos Mode is still temporarily removed because it's still crashing. We're still working on it!  Treyarch is helping me on Reddit.
Post by: SirRetard on November 10, 2016, 03:59:37 pm
First of all, I am really enjoying the BO3 UGX-Mod and will be playing this for a long time! That being said, I have encountered some bugs/stuff that doesn't seem right:

These are all that thing that I found using this awesome mod
Keep up the good work! :D
Post by: treminaor on November 11, 2016, 06:29:38 am
Quote from: SirRetard
First of all, I am really enjoying the BO3 UGX-Mod and will be playing this for a long time! That being said, I have encountered some bugs/stuff that doesn't seem right:
  • GunGame on Gorod Krovi is unplayable due to the fact that the first weapon is... well, i have no idea actually. It says XM-53 with 0 ammo, but it fires two to three green flame bursts and then the weapon in unusable. So you are unable to advance to the next weapon;
  • Purchasing Gobblegums and using those re-rolls the attachments & camos of the current weapon you are holding;
  • The standard powerups are still present and able to be pickup up when performing actions (linking teleporters in TG, calling the tram in DE, etc. ). Not really a bug, but still something to note;
  • One last thing that I find funny is that the MR6 can and will have attachments after you slashed a web (Gobblegum machine in spawn for instance) on ZnS.
These are all that thing that I found using this awesome mod
Keep up the good work! :D
Thanks for the report.

The Gobblegum machines are supposed to be disabled in every gamemode except Classic and Arcademode... so that must be broken on Gorod Krovi?? Have you tested the same thing on Shadows of Evil? I would have tested the DLC maps better myself but I don't own the DLC on PC and I have no intention of spending that much money on something I already own on Xbox lol.

Regarding the standard powerups showing up for certain actions, I can't really do anything about that because they are hardcoded events in map scripts that we aren't given access to by Treyarch. There might be some hacky way to prevent it but I haven't found a way yet.
Post by: SirRetard on November 11, 2016, 11:36:28 am
Thanks for the report.

The Gobblegum machines are supposed to be disabled in every gamemode except Classic and Arcademode... so that must be broken on Gorod Krovi?? Have you tested the same thing on Shadows of Evil? I would have tested the DLC maps better myself but I don't own the DLC on PC and I have no intention of spending that much money on something I already own on Xbox lol.

Regarding the standard powerups showing up for certain actions, I can't really do anything about that because they are hardcoded events in map scripts that we aren't given access to by Treyarch. There might be some hacky way to prevent it but I haven't found a way yet.

I have tested the gamemodes on all maps and I have to inform you that you are able to purchase and use Gobblegums in GunGame on all maps, including Shadows of Evil, and in Sharpshooter only on Zetsubou no Shima.
I don't know if that is something in the game or if that is on my end (I am able to use Mega Gobblegums while playing maps, be it custom or original, can't remember if it has always been this way lol).
Post by: Gabrielle on November 12, 2016, 06:30:44 pm
OMG! My favourite MOD is back, and even better than ever! Question: will custom guns come too? And like older COD guns? For example, I'd love to see the M&S, the Boomhilda, stuff like the Blundergat etc. back in BO3 (and in case people reply "port them yourself": I simply can't).

I cannot wait to see more updates. You are my hero. Period.
Post by: treminaor on November 12, 2016, 06:55:08 pm
Quote from: JoshZombieBoy link= date=1478975444
OMG! My favourite MOD is back, and even better than ever! Question: will custom guns come too? And like older COD guns? For example, I'd love to see the M&S, the Boomhilda, stuff like the Blundergat etc. back in BO3 (and in case people reply "port them yourself": I simply can't).
I cannot wait to see more updates. You are my hero. Period.
Glad you like it! :) We do have plans for some custom guns, last I heard Luke was looking into porting some for the mod. We'll post updates when we get them. 
Post by: Gabrielle on November 12, 2016, 06:58:54 pm
Glad you like it! :) We do have plans for some custom guns, last I heard Luke was looking into porting some for the mod. We'll post updates when we get them.

I've always loved it, it adds some much fun to the game :) Also, I don't want to go offtopic, but is there a tutorial released how to port guns to BO3 or is there somebody in your great staff team who can make one and put it on the wiki?

Keep up the good work!
Post by: treminaor on November 12, 2016, 07:00:21 pm
Quote from: JoshZombieBoy link= date=1478977134
I've always loved it, it adds some much fun to the game :) Also, I don't want to go offtopic, but is there a tutorial released how to port guns to BO3 or is there somebody in your great staff team who can make one and put it on the wiki?
Keep up the good work!
We've been meaning to post one but we haven't had time yet - maybe when Luke gets into it he can update our wiki with a guide. 
Post by: MEGA theguy on November 21, 2016, 08:14:10 am
I was playing Gun Game on Shadows of Evil, trying to turn into the beast ends the game, and the host (i was the party host) was the only person going down and not getting pain killers. I could actually die.
Post by: Doodles_Inc on November 21, 2016, 09:49:25 pm
I'm making a map, if I want to put the UGX Mod im my map, what should I do?
Thanks.
Post by: treminaor on November 21, 2016, 11:19:58 pm
Quote from: Doodles_Inc
I'm making a map, if I want to put the UGX Mod im my map, what should I do?
Thanks.
If you want to SUGGEST it for people to play your map, you can set it as a dependency on your map's workshop page. That way people will automatically download UGX Mod with your map if they don't already have it. However for people to actually play your map with UGX Mod enabled they need to choose it from their mods list before booting into your map, just like they would do if you hadn't set UGX Mod as suggested. However, we don't currently have a way of forcing UGX Mod to be loaded without the user activating it themselves.
Post by: BraXi on December 09, 2016, 07:06:03 pm

That error is due to using SetText() (or whatever equivalent BO3 has) with non-localized string. It will accumulate till the overflow happens.

Every time you call SetText with a plain text and the hud is not properly initialized with string, be it SetText("blah") you automaticaly create const string of "blah", if you use localized string and then just SetValue / SetText it will be all fine and you won't overflow the array.

Here's the method of doing it the right way:

1. before any wait()
Code Snippet
Plaintext
precacheString( &"You've dealt &&1 damage to &&2" );
or:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
precacheString( &"MYLOC_MYSTRING" );
// MYLOC_MYSTRING = "You dealt &&1 damage to &&2"

2. in your hud initialization
Code Snippet
Plaintext
hud.label = &"You've dealt &&1 damage to &&2"; // or &"MYLOC_MYSTRING" for obvious reasons
hud SetText( "", "" ); // or hud SetValue( 0, 0 );

3. in your hud update
Code Snippet
Plaintext
hud SetText( 80, "Blaster Zombie" /*no matter if localized or not since your hud's already localized, you know you're just messing with &&2*/ );

4. the result: "You've dealt 80 damage to Blaster Zombie" and no additional const strings.

PS. Also hello after more than likely one year absence :)

Post by: treminaor on December 10, 2016, 01:20:25 am
Quote from: BraXi
That error is due to using SetText() (or whatever equivalent BO3 has) with non-localized string. It will accumulate till the overflow happens.
Thanks but honestly that's not going to solve the issue and I'm already aware of how the caching works. I'm not storing my numbers as integers, that's the whole point. The numbers get larger than the MAX_INT in WaW and even BO3, and in BO3 they format the int into scientrific notation after you get high enough, which is useless. I'm storing strings, there's no way around it unless 3arc updates the exe to supporta 64bit MAX INT. I'm waiting for the mid-December update, they promised a fix for me on Reddit.

Quote from: BraXi
PS. Also hello after more than likely one year absence :)
Welcome back!
Post by: Naminator999 on December 13, 2016, 01:20:13 am
I seemed to encounter a bit of a bug. I was playing Gun Game on Der Eisendrache with timed gameplay enabled and when it reached the dog round after i killed the zombies that were already spawned in to the map it started to spawn in some dogs but once they were all killed nothing spawned in after and the round never moved on as its supposed to in timed gameplay. Also when playing gun game the only ugx drops that drop have been terminator, invulnerability and quick foot. I didn't encounter any of the others like points advancement, multiplier and gun upgrade even after playing several matches.
Post by: All0utWar on December 13, 2016, 08:59:33 am
Thanks but honestly that's not going to solve the issue and I'm already aware of how the caching works. I'm not storing my numbers as integers, that's the whole point. The numbers get larger than the MAX_INT in WaW and even BO3, and in BO3 they format the int into scientrific notation after you get high enough, which is useless. I'm storing strings, there's no way around it unless 3arc updates the exe to supporta 64bit MAX INT. I'm waiting for the mid-December update, they promised a fix for me on Reddit.
Welcome back!

The tools are getting another update in the middle of this month? Awesome stuff if that's the case. Does it include all of the sound assets and shit?
Post by: treminaor on December 14, 2016, 03:47:12 am
Quote from: All0utWar link= date=1481619573
The tools are getting another update in the middle of this month? Awesome stuff if that's the case. 
Supposedly. Don't hold your breath. 

Quote from: All0utWar link= date=1481619573
Does it include all of the sound assets and shit?
doubt it lol 
Post by: private_reacon on January 17, 2017, 07:00:50 pm
so do I need to download this if i want to have it  for bo3  custom maps?
Post by: thekingsthrone on April 15, 2017, 12:54:10 am
I'm new to custom zombies and I'm not sure on how to even play custom zombies on bo3... Can someone let me know what to download and if it's steam based?
Post by: DeletedUser on April 15, 2017, 08:22:15 pm
I'm new to custom zombies and I'm not sure on how to even play custom zombies on bo3... Can someone let me know what to download and if it's steam based?
Maps are steam based, you download through the workshop. If you want to MAKE custom maps, you will need to install the mod tools which are also through steam
Post by: thekingsthrone on April 15, 2017, 09:33:03 pm
So maps I download in steam workshop automatically will show up in my maps on black ops 3?

Post by: CJN on June 22, 2017, 02:54:01 am
Hey there is an issue with gungame on zetzubo no shima or whatever its called :P I have a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ZbhOpUhYQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ZbhOpUhYQ)
Post by: killthepatate on February 12, 2018, 03:03:23 pm
Hi,

Great work for this mod, it's very fun. But on split screen i can pop up menu for second player. It is possible to have menu on second player.

Thanks

Post by: JiffyNoodles on May 20, 2018, 10:29:38 am
Mod ded.
pls rez.
Post by: treminaor on May 20, 2018, 05:16:24 pm

Mod ded.
pls rez.
i would love to but my free time is basically nonexistant at this point. as far as the ugx team we are trying to focus more on the website and UGXL right now.
Post by: CJN on July 22, 2018, 01:12:43 pm
I love this mod, but I was wondering when it is going to be updated?:O
Post by: sultansyah on June 26, 2019, 11:02:37 am
is there anyway to download this outside the steam workshop??

Post by: Noice 25 on August 12, 2019, 11:24:10 pm
Is there a download link that doesn't require steam? I own the Battle.net version of the game, custom maps work but I really want the UGX mod.
Post by: isaiahlytle123 on August 28, 2019, 01:51:57 am
i was tryna play gun game but when I joined in I got a menu screen that didnt look like the normal one. I loaded in and I got a weapon that would stop working about every second and a half. the rounds also kept constantly progressing. plz help