UGX-Mods

Everything Else => General Discussion => Topic started by: SoulTaker on August 01, 2016, 10:48:06 pm

Title: When the BO3 mod tools arrive...
Post by: SoulTaker on August 01, 2016, 10:48:06 pm
Would you want to see any classic custom maps redone in the Black Ops 3 mod tools if no then why? If yes which would be your top 5 maps?
My top 5 maps would be these.
5: Lockdown by JBird632
4: Comosea by UGX
3: Overrun by JBird632
2: Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital by Chromastone10
1: Nacht Der Toten Walder by Weezy428

2 Honorable mentions:
Farm Swamp by  c.h.n
ORBIT by MakeCents & Tudark
Title: Re: When the BO3 mod tools arrive...
Post by: MAK911 on August 01, 2016, 11:35:02 pm
Would you want to see any classic custom maps redone in the Black Ops 3 mod tools if no then why? If yes which would be your top 5 maps?

2 Honorable mentions:
Farm Swamp by  c.h.n
5: Meh
4: No
3: Yes
2: IDK (Didn't play)
1: If it's the Nacht remake with the blue buttons, yes.

Yes and Yes on the Honorable mentions.

What I really want to see is the return of Project Contamination on BO3
Spoiler: click to open...
:troll:
I do actually want to see it, HitmoonPie. <3
and the return of maybe... Dead Ship by ZCTxChaos, but add in Mutiny from Ghosts. I think those are all the maps that really stick out enough to be worth remaking and/or aren't already being remade a bit for BO3.

I would like Clinic of Evil as well, but I wouldn't force that on iZartax since he only just released it and I'm sure he doesn't want to be stuck on the same map for long periods of time.
Post by: JadenSzewczak on August 02, 2016, 12:31:41 am
I would personally like to see the original four zombie maps remastered, basically Rezurrection but for BO3.
Post by: MAK911 on August 02, 2016, 01:02:59 am
I would personally like to see the original four zombie maps remastered, basically Rezurrection but for BO3.
There's already a good possibility of that as A.) Files for each base map has model files that have been found by wraith (i.e. chairs, tables, crap, etc.) and B.) I don't think each base map would be that hard to really remake (except for Shi No (also, I mean this in terms of 3arc developers experience level as I'm personally half-retarded on my mother's side)). I have a ton of hope for Rezurrection 2.0 and no one can persuade me otherwise.
Post by: Koan on August 02, 2016, 09:23:56 am
Dead Ship
JBird's unreleased Frostbite
Project X
Comosea

It'd be pretty cool to see Treyarch bring back some of their older maps too, I'd go nuts for a Shi No Numa or Ascension remake
Post by: JustForFun119 on August 02, 2016, 10:16:53 am
Leviathan with swimming :P
Post by: therealwakka on August 02, 2016, 03:22:40 pm
Let's just hope for more excellent high quality maps in bo3 by some of the talent here and elsewhere
Post by: CyberMan1011 on August 02, 2016, 06:48:11 pm
Leviathan with swimming :P

THIS
Post by: c.h.n on August 02, 2016, 09:20:29 pm

2 Honorable mentions:
Farm Swamp by  c.h.n

That map was shittier than a toilet full of shit. Why would you even want a remake of it?  :D
Post by: JadenSzewczak on August 02, 2016, 10:23:31 pm
There's already a good possibility of that as A.) Files for each base map has model files that have been found by wraith (i.e. chairs, tables, crap, etc.) and B.) I don't think each base map would be that hard to really remake (except for Shi No (also, I mean this in terms of 3arc developers experience level as I'm personally half-retarded on my mother's side)). I have a ton of hope for Rezurrection 2.0 and no one can persuade me otherwise.
That is great news... glad to see I'm not the only one hoping for it!
Post by: SoulTaker on August 02, 2016, 11:37:08 pm
That map was shittier than a toilet full of shit. Why would you even want a remake of it?  :D
Your map was one of the first ever maps I played custom wise back on my shitty laptop but I loved it man. Nostalgia and the fact that the map design was incredible. :)

Double Post Merge: August 02, 2016, 11:38:43 pm
That is great news... glad to see I'm not the only one hoping for it!
I'm hoping for it as well the only problem really is that wasn't the same thing rumored for BO2? :(
Post by: Dust on August 02, 2016, 11:52:17 pm
Looks like the UGX team has gotten the mod tools now (https://gyazo.com/feef57c54b53f103ae481407c7889788.png)
Post by: SoulTaker on August 03, 2016, 01:09:39 am
Looks like the UGX team has gotten the mod tools now (https://gyazo.com/feef57c54b53f103ae481407c7889788.png)
When you say UGX team do you mean all of the UGX Team? Trem, Delta, Lukkie, Hitman, MrSlagovich and JBird?!
Post by: Dust on August 03, 2016, 01:36:57 am
When you say UGX team do you mean all of the UGX Team? Trem, Delta, Lukkie, Hitman, MrSlagovich and JBird?!

I assume just Trem, and Delta since they were the main ones working on the UGX mod

Edit, just realized I posted this in here, instead of the main bo3 mod tools topic. Oh well, too late now :P
Post by: SoulTaker on August 03, 2016, 04:55:18 am
I assume just Trem, and Delta since they were the main ones working on the UGX mod

Edit, just realized I posted this in here, instead of the main bo3 mod tools topic. Oh well, too late now :P
Lol I kind of realized that and wanted to tell you.  :D
Post by: MrSlagovich on August 03, 2016, 10:06:04 am

Just to clarify Delta has never worked on UGX Mod. He has the tools though.
Post by: zeroy on August 03, 2016, 10:34:28 am
no remakes, all new stuff please :)
Post by: MrSlagovich on August 03, 2016, 12:36:48 pm
no remakes, all new stuff please :)
But Zeroy we need one more Nuketown remake  ;) /s
Post by: zeroy on August 03, 2016, 12:42:41 pm
But Zeroy we need one more Nuketown remake  ;) /s

Was joking of course but personally its unlikely I'll be making old maps, I find it much more interesting to create new stuff. Using popular map general layout however...  ::)
Post by: MrSlagovich on August 03, 2016, 12:53:05 pm
Was joking of course but personally its unlikely I'll be making old maps, I find it much more interesting to create new stuff. Using popular map general layout however...  ::)
I was being sarcastic i agree with you man, there's like 6 nuketown remakes it's like beating a dead horse
Post by: zeroy on August 03, 2016, 12:54:39 pm
I was being sarcastic i agree with you man, there's like 6 nuketown remakes it's like beating a dead horse

Oh I had seen this yes. And wait for the 100s of The Giant version we'll see soon :o
Post by: MrSlagovich on August 03, 2016, 01:30:53 pm
Oh I had seen this yes. And wait for the 100s of The Giant version we'll see soon :o
The Giant Remakes will be the new Sniper Bolt tutorial maps / box maps. I can see it now "The Giant Remake featuring World at War Weapons"
Post by: Sylvacre on August 03, 2016, 04:54:55 pm
I can see it now "The Giant Remake featuring World at War Weapons"
That will be when we've truly come full-circle.
Post by: steviewonder87 on August 03, 2016, 05:18:56 pm
That will be when we've truly come full-circle.

;D
Post by: timelordalex on August 03, 2016, 05:27:59 pm
i wouldnt mind seeing the giant done right - like more areas etc, better weapon set, I'd also take requiem over comosea. ZCTs Zebba farms i'd love to see which may even happen. I agree on CPH.  I think maps like PV would be interesting as well.
Post by: Ping998 on August 03, 2016, 05:39:53 pm
Personally, I'd quite like to see some really classic old 2010-2012 maps be revived for the BO3 engine.

I think maps such as the following should be re-imagined:

1. "Lighthouse" by DarkCoD5
2. "Airport" by nukem
3. "TMG Alcatraz" by nukem
4. "Warzone" by jbracin14
5. "Moon of Fooy" by Fooy
6. "Stairway to hell"  :troll: (lol jk that map is trash)

I'm probably wrong but let me know what you guys think. (I do realise that most of these mappers no longer map in the CoD community but I think as a community we should re-imagine these old dogs for BO3)
Post by: SoulTaker on August 03, 2016, 09:37:19 pm
"3arc sucks because the just reuse guns, anims, and features" ............... "I would like to see _______ again!" ::)
Eh I'm not one of those people I like remakes as long as their done right. I didn't mind that der eisendrache had so many origins features I actually loved it.
:)
Post by: sryanbruen on August 21, 2016, 01:13:17 am
Here are mine

1. Clinic of Evil
2. Leviathan
3. Saloon - with even more perks  ;D
4. Das Herrenhaus
5. Dixmor Asylum

Honourable mention: Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital